Do you have a big extended family or tons of friends you would like to give Christmas gifts to?
Everyone can leave with a party favor of delicious Chex Party Mix, plus you have the fun experience of celebrating together.
To throw my own sweet Chex Party MixChange, I had 2 boxes of Chex cereal to create Chex Party Mix recipes, 5 featured Chex Party Mix recipes, 10 takeout containers so that guests could pack it up to-go, and a $20 gift card to purchase recipe ingredients and decorating supplies.
There are TONS of great recipes for interesting Chex Party Mix combos at www.ChexPartyMixChange.com!
I like that you can adapt the recipes to be vegan, gluten free, or whatever other dietary concerns you have. The recipes don’t take long to make (less than 15 minutes), and many can be made in the microwave.
The red boxes make me think it would be a fun treat to take to the office for Valentine’s Day, too! The possibilities are endless!
Prep Time:15 min Start to Finish:15 min Makes:28 servings (1/2 cup each)
4 1/2 cups Honey Nut Chex® cereal 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex® cereal 2 cups whole cashews 1/4 cup packed brown sugar 1/4 cup butter or margarine 1/4 cup honey 1 teaspoon salt 1 cup dried cherries 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
1. In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal and cashews. 2. In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave brown sugar, butter and honey and salt uncovered on High about 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir butter mixture. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated. 3. Microwave uncovered on High 4 minutes, stirring every minute. Stir in cherries and sesame seeds. Microwave an additional 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.
1 Serving: Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g);Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 190mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g); Protein 2g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 25% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2 MyPyramid Servings: 1 oz-equivalents Meat & Beans
*% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Enter to win a prize pack containing:
- 2 boxes of Chex cereal to create Chex Party Mix recipes
- 5 featured Chex Party Mix recipes
- 10 takeout containers so your guests can take their Chex Party Mix to-go
- $20 gift card to purchase recipe ingredients and decorating supplies
To enter to win, find this post on my Facebook Fan page Wall, and leave a comment there about what type of Chex Party Mix is your favorite.
“Disclosure: The Chex Party Mix-Change product, information, and giveaway have been provided by Chex through MyBlogSpark.”